Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Potty trained in one day

Got this e-mail . . .

It has nothing to do with getting potty trained in one day. That was the last item on the ABC Good Morning show today. The kid has a party, at the end of the party he is trained.

I didn't watch close enough to see if other kids were there too. There must have a book the lady was selling along with her interview, but that all got missed here.

I'm sure glad I have been there, done that. They say that in our old age that experience might come again. Seems we get forgetful.

The e-mail is from Janice G:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Date: Mon 5 Jun 22:24:01 CDT 2006
From: "Janice G
Subject: Fw: New Supermarket
To: lots of people

.
The new supermarket near our house has an automatic mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of a thunderstorm.

When you approach the milk cases, you hear cows mooing.

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cackling.

So far I have been too afraid to go down the toilet paper aisle.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
I didn't associate the thunder with a warning that things were going to mist. I had heard it and knew misting was taking place, didn't even know it was thunder.
.
Mrs. Jim explained its purpose to me this morning. I had been knowing that when it thunders it probably will rain soon. I just didn't get the warning theme in the store.
.
Remember the Beverley Hillbillies? Jethro had it figured out wrong, every time the door bell rang, somebody would come to their front door. He didn't realize the sound was an announcement. If he could just silence that bell.
.
But now I know better, I always did know about door bells though. Even Adi goes to the door when the bell rings. I wonder if she is thinking like Jethro or the rest of us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?